WELCOME TO THE LAST SUPPER STUDY

Hey, I have a weird question....So I'm addicted to food. That said, I wondered to myself what would I eat if I only had one last meal.Then I wondered to myself what would be the setting? Where would I eat it? What order would I eat said food? Who would be there? There are no rules. ANYWHERE, with ANYONE. ANYTIME, in ANY order. What would be your last supper? Please include you gender, age, occupation, cuurent residence and place of birth. Use the "EMAIL YOUR LAST SUPPER HERE" to send your last supper. Cheers

HERE's MINE:
FEMALE. 26 years old. Producer living in Hollywood. Born in Santa Monica, California, USA.

I'd be dining with everyone I find fascinating. Andy warhol, the dalai lama, albert nobel, rene magritte, albert camus, jean paul sartre, dali, archaeologists, irving penn, david bailey, diane arbus, henri cartier-bresson, frieda kahlo, the coen brothers, my parents, my godfather, my friends just to name a few…

Every animal I've ever had would be in a barn outside. We'd be in an intimate dining hall with a large rectangular wooden table. There would be candles. Cirque du soleil would be performing up close. There would be magicians doing magic and every band I ever loved would do a set. Wisteria would be hanging outside on a huge front porch that has on outdoor fireplace and comfy couches and chairs and chases. There would be a few wicker rocking chairs too because I had one on my front porch when I was a kid and I loved to rock in it.

I would start with oysters. Every type. All sorts of dipping sauce would be there. Then crab cakes and crab legs. Bread of all sorts, rosemary, olive, sourdough, wheat, and pumperknickle with sweet butter as well as a chive spread. French onion soup with a huge crouton and melted cheese. Pastas. rigatoni, penne, linguine, spaghetti, tortellini, ravioli with all types of sauces marinara, pesto, vodka, Bolognese, butter sauces! Meatballs! I'd have the lasagna I cook too. Pizza as appetizers.Hummus & pita bread.

A honey curry & soy sauce baked chicken,mac & cheese. Prime rib from lauwrys & my dad's popovers. I'd have cedar plank salmon and sauteed kale. Mashed potatoes & gravy. A plethora of salads: potato, cole slaw, mixed greens, endive and walnut with blue cheese, white beans, macaroni salad and all the dressings imaginable.

To drink there would be champagne, the oldest and best red wines. Kronenbourg on tap in ice cold glasses. Martini's and scotches, gin and tonics (Hendrics preferably), bloody marys ... Roman allones cigars.CHEESE from everywhere for dessert. With quince on the side. Fig marmalade. Champagne grapes and concord grapes. Ginger bread and the banana bread my mom would make. A million types of sorbet and the best coffees in the world.

Then there would be a renewed hunger! and breakfast would come. Huevos rancheros, boiled eggs, english breakfast with the juiciest sausages and Canadian bacon. Pancakes and waffles with any topping you want. Fresh squeezed OJ and apple juice and carrot juice.

Laughter would fill the room. sharing stories and moments and journeys and pictures. Taking infinite pictures. Unending kisses and love. Sweet sighs and full bellies. Love in everyone's eyes and spirits. This would be my last supper. What's yours?

Friday, November 23, 2007

FEMALE. 54 years old. Horse Trainer living in Riverside california. Born in Maryland USA

It is just dusk in Yosemite. Snow is gently falling, and the Awahnee is resplendent as it garners the shimmer of the season. The Awahnee Hotel is steeped in traditional architecture. Rough-hewn beams run the full length of the ceiling. Polished cherry panels line the dining room walls. The immense table is set with Austrian crystal and simple, gold-rimmed plates. An enormous flower arrangement strikes a pose against the cathedral window overlooking the river. I welcome family and the friends who make them happy. I welcome peaceful, loving people to the dinner.

Here! I see dozens of Maryland Blue Crabs, and some sourdough from San Francisco. I see that marvelous Chinese Chicken Salad from Ports, that I was never able to recreate after Jacques died and took the receipe with him. A compilation of vegetables, Earl's specialty green bean, asparagus, green onion and mushrooms. Over there is the Seafood Chiffonade salad from Musso's, and some delicious creamed spinach. A mountainous fruit salad, fresh and unladen with sauce stands ready. Lyn's corned beef and cabbage, Mom's spahgetti, Ear's fried chicken, Roger's popovers, and some prime rib - yes from Lawry's - and then dessert, made by Michael, of course. And, yes, some coffee, also made by Michael with real cream and with a touch of Baileys.

All my 4-legged friends will be in their barn. Paul, Trust, and Wood, and all the cats of my life. Everyone will have more than enough to eat. Everyone will be warm and comfortable, and marvel at the presence of a scare moment in life where all is serene.

No comments: